Before we being, I have to say, I am disappointed in some of you. I approve every comment before it will appear on the site, and for the most part the only comments I reject are spam comments made to 3 month old posts, but during this contest I rejected multiple comments talking about how bad entry 2 was and some telling the creator to "go kill himself". This is not cool guys.
Constructive criticism is always welcome, but this is a project blog for a remake of an E rated game, hateful comments and out right attacks against people will not be appreciated. The fact that you will be able to easily change any texture in the game on release just makes this all the more pathetic. If you don't like something say it without being a dick or don't say it at all.
In light of this and other reasons, there won't be any more polls/contests for a while.
With that out of the way, here are our final numbers for the contest:
Entry 1: 28 votes
Entry 2: 121 votes
Entry 3: 124 votes
Entry 4: 10 votes
Entry 5: 30 votes
Which makes Entry 3 by Paolo our winner! Congratulations Paolo!
For those wondering, here are the reasons why I chose each finalist:
1. Interesting design, even if it is lacking in some detail, supprisingly, the only submission I got with an Eagle in the center.
2. While all other submissions where in shades of green and mostly contained references to the Wind Fish, this one took a completely separate route, and actually got me thinking about having some form of thunder storm going on during the battle. Although I would probably make the raindrops swirling towards the center instead of straight up and down (and maybe a new cloud) this submission was chosen for its originality, and not as a joke as some have assumed.
3. A really great, if traditional, submission. It fits in with the rest of the tower really well and has a great central design.
4. Another design that doesn't follow the Wind Fish/Eagle style that most went with. Rather simple, but I like it, might work better on a light house or in some form of sun temple...
5. My personal favorite, a really great design and an awesome take on the Wind Fish, only real problem is the outer bricks don't blend well with the rest of the tower, but I would love to use this Wind Fish design elsewhere, maybe in the egg...
Nils, Roland, Mr. Burgundy, and Katie, with your permission, I would like to find other places in the game where your textures would fit.