Quadrant K12 is complete
Spent most of the night re-assigning materials to try and fix some problems Ryan ran into texture-wise, giving the doughnut things a different texture so that they stand out more against cut grass, etc.
As Ryan and I were discussing, we may be moving to a new, more powerful engine, one that supports bones inside models which the current engine doesn't support.
But don't think that moving to a new engine will magically solve our texture and bone problems, with an engine built from scratch we control how it reads models. If we move to a new engine I may have to remake the entire island.
Granted, remaking the island probably wouldn't be a bad idea, I started modeling it with the intent to just render it, not for a game engine. I could probably shave at least 75% of the triangles from each quadrant, I was very pleasantly surprised to see that no one has experienced any slow down.
I really should post a wire-frame of the island sometime